- Make sure you have the PESO circles with you (on a piece of paper, or, even better, on a whiteboard) – download here
- Come up with campaign ideas for paid, earned, shared and owned media and write them down on post-its
- Group the ideas in the different circles and vote which ideas can stay
- Draw lines between the post-its to visualize the links between the ideas and call-to-actions
- Turn the ideas into practice
PESO stands for Paid, Earned, Shared and Owned media. These are umbrella concepts for what can broadly be seen as online reach, via advertising, publicity, social media and in-house communication channels respectively. But PESO is more than that. We turned all possible PESO tactics into a deck of cards: easy to ‘play’ with during brainstorms, to use as a visual checklist for smaller campaigns or simply to go through and catch some new ideas for recurring projects.